Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mountain Spinning

Last week, my husband and I ventured up to Lassen Volcanic National Park where we stayed in the camping cabins at Lake Manzanita within the park.  We had a very relaxing time and spent many hours walking and hiking.  Early morning and late afternoons were spent reading or spinning.

One of the perks of driving somewhere on vacation is that you can take things with you that you can't take on a plane.  So . . . my spinning wheel drove up with us in the back seat.  What an idyllic setting, sitting on the porch of the cabin, spinning and looking at the trees and lake.
I managed to spin four bobbins of fiber on the trip and when I came home, I have so far plied two of the bobbins.  One ply was my hand painted roving of Blueface Leicester and Tussah Silk (a 75%/25% blend) called "Indian Paintbrush" and the other ply was one of the luscious Inglenook batts called "Looking forward to Autumn" -- how apropos. This was one of my most favorite Inglenook creations.  

This is a nice big skein of 450 yards, weighing 6.1 oz.


Now, back to more hand painting of fibers and getting ready for Artistic License (Friday and Saturday - Oct. 24th and 25th) and the Torrance fiber festival (Sunday - Nov. 2nd.)

No comments: