Saturday, September 20, 2014

Log Cabin Scarf

I debated on what to do with my handspun log cabin squares and finally chose to knit them together with garter stitch rows into a long scarf.  I am very pleased with the outcome.

After knitting the squares together, I knit several garter rows up the sides and did a picot bind off along the side edge. 

Next, I finished off the edges with knitted I-cord fringes.
 A little closer up view.
I really love the log cabin squares that allow you to use up a lot of the little balls of yarn that are left over from other projects.  I have already assembled some yarns for my next log cabin project and will try to combine some natural colored handspun yarns along with some colored ones.

On another note, I just returned from 5 days in the Lassen Volcanic National Park up in Northern California.  My husband and I stayed in a camping cabin at Manzanita Lake campground within the park.  This is one of my favorite national parks.  

Evening glass off on Lake Manzanita
 A view of Raker Peak from the lake
 A view of Mt. Lassen from the lake
 Me spinning on the porch of our camping cabin -- now that was idyllic!

My next trip is just around the corner.  My friends, Michelle and Janet, will join me for our annual girls' Fall retreat to Santa Fe, Chimayo and Taos, New Mexico.  We will be attending the Taos Wool Festival and will also stay at Casa Escondida in Chimayo for a couple of days before our stay in Taos. I can barely contain my excitement.   

No comments: