We tried Brazilwood again. The week before, we discovered that we had mistakenly used a natural dye extract and our dyebath was over the top too strong, resulting in very dark colors, almost black -- not what we expected. This week, we used Brazilwood sawdust and achieved plums and pinks.
We also did a marigold dyebath that was half dried flower tops that I purchased and half from marigold flower tops I had collected from my garden and dried. We got some nice golds, both light and dark.
These are my marigold skeins. Mostly super wash merino wool and unmordanted. The top two skeins were left in the dyebath for a long time so were a dark gold. The top skein was put in an ammonia afterbath and the second skein in a copper afterbath. The third skein was put in the dyebath for a lesser amount of time and then in the ammonia afterbath. The fourth skein is alpaca/silk laceweight yarn and was put in last and then in the ammonia afterbath.