Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SPRING HAS SPRUNG



My garden is starting to do its Spring time thing.
And the freesias are in abundance. Last night as I slept, the Vernal equinox occurred at 10:14 p.m. PST


Last week, I ventured down to Escondido in Northern San Diego County to visit my friend, Michelle. It was such a glorious day, we decided to take a hike at Daley Ranch, in the foothills in between spinning. The California lilacs were still in bloom, having reached their peak a week or so before when the hills were solid blue violet.
And there along the trail were two ponds which appear in the Winter. By summer these will be all dried up, only to appear again with next Winter's rains.


My husband and I spent half of February lolling about on the beach in Maui -- our favorite time of the year because of the migration of humpback whales.




























Back home, I have continued with my almost daily walks on the beach. Just love these off season deserted beaches.


Since the holidays, I have been doing an incredible amount of spinning. Thousands of yards, in fact. Spinning has always been one of my favorite things to do -- so relaxing, calming and centering.





I've also been knitting quite a bit, too. My latest project is my second Adamas shawl in the last month. (A free Ravelry pattern.)








The first one was knit with store bought cashmere silk yarn from Twist in Manhattan Beach. My current project uses yarn I handspun this past week from one of my handpainted rovings plied with one from Blarney Yarn, my BSG boothmate, Miryha Runnerstrom. The fiber blends include merino, silk, angora and cashmere. What a bloom I'm getting as I work with this yarn.


My summer adventures are firming up. I'll talk about those in my next post . . . tomorrow!


No comments: