Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Mail Day

When the postman arrived today with a big priority mail box, I was quite excited because it contained the fleece I purchased a few days ago from Point of View Farm in Upstate New York. POV raises purebred registered heritage Finnsheep.  Of course, since I have a good portion of Finnish in my blood, I feel a kinship and just had to get one of their fleeces.  Upon opening the box, I found a beautiful, crimpy, fleece.  

This is a 2.29 lb. fleece, a very manageable size, heavily skirted, with barely any VM in it.  It comes from a ewe lamb and will be snow white after it is washed. 



I am sure many of my friends just can't understand what is so appealing about raw, sheepy smelling fleece, but my spinner friends . . . . . well, they totally understand.  It just doesn't get any better than a greasy, crimpy, freshly shorn lamb fleece.  

Point of View Farm's fleeces can be viewed here: 
Point of View Farm fleeces

That's all for today, busy weaving on my scarves and spinning Wensleydale from Myrtle Dow of Black Pines Sheep in Colorado.  

1 comment:

Karen Piehl said...

it looks so fine and crimp-y! isn't finn a fine fiber? are you going to dye it, blend it by carding?