Thursday, April 17, 2008

SPINNING - SPINNING - SPINNING
Just a reminder that tomorrow -- Friday, April 18th -- there will be a spinning group meeting at Common Threads in Encinitas from 10:00 a.m. until about 3:00 p.m. (This is not a class, not an organized group, but just a social meet up for spinners to get together.) The address is 466 Coast Highway in Encinitas. We're trying to do this once a month on the third Friday, and the next meet up will be on May 16th.
Last Friday, I took a drive down to Escondido to visit my friend, Michelle, for some hiking and spinning. Turns out it was 92 degrees, so we decided against the hiking but had a great time spinning. She has turned the old one car garage at the back of her property into an artist's studio and I am so in love with it. Here are some pictures. It's an idyllic setting and Michelle has a green thumb. Her garden is so lovely.




PROJECTS I'M WORKING ON
Here are a couple of things I've been working on of late. These are some socks I'm knitting using a Fiber Trends pattern called "Fidalgo Feet". Looks complicated, but the pattern uses a mock cable that is more than easy. The yarn is "Somoko" from Fleece Artist.




Here is a shawl I'm knitting using a Toots LeBlanc & Co. pattern called "Love is a Wild and Crazy Thing" Shawl. I'm using the Toots LeBlanc fingering weight 60% merino/40% angora yarn, which is one of my most favorite yarns to knit with. It has a very handspun look and the angora blooms as you use the yarn.


BLACK SHEEP GATHERING -- JUNE 20, 21 AND 22
Just another reminder that the Black Sheep Gathering is coming up soon. This is a great fiber, wool festival, with many fiber related vendors, lots of great classes, hundreds of fleeces for sale, and sheep and alpacas on display and for judging. The BSG is held at the Eugene, Oregon fairgrounds. Hope to see some of my fiber friends there.

No comments: