Friday, February 29, 2008

STRANDS AND STITCHES
Just kind of a short post today -- to let you sock knitters out there know that, as of today, Strands and Stitches knit shop in Laguna Beach is carrying my handpainted sock yarn. This is a superwash merino fingering weight. I delivered an array of colors to Cindy this morning, so there is now a LYS in Orange County that is carrying my sock yarn.

Strands and Stitches is located at 1516 South Coast Highway (in Laguna) and their phone number is (949) 497-5648. The owners are Cindy and Lisa.

I've been dyeing most of the day -- more sock yarn, but I am also experimenting with a fiber blend I haven't dyed before: 60% merino wool/40% bamboo. The rovings are due to come out of the dyepot in a few minutes and I'll be anxious to see how this blend turns out. If it's a success, I'll add this to my repetoire of rovings. I am so hoping that it will dry overnight so I can spin some of it tomorrow. I may have to get out the hairdryer just to help it along. All right, the timer went off -- dyepot calls.

No comments: