Monday, December 22, 2008

STARRY NITE SCARF II
I finished the second of my Starry Nite scarves using Lynne Vogel's newest pattern.  I had a group of skeins that I had spun from merino/cashmere rovings that Lynne had handpainted a couple years ago in Southwestern colors.  I had taken these rovings, along with my spinning wheel, on vacation to the Sierra Nevada - June Lake in September 2007 and I spent my evenings spinning.  I loved these handspuns and never found the perfect project for them until this wonderful scarf came along.  Unfortunately, my photos never seem to do justice to the colors in the handspun, but I am sure many of you will at some time see this scarf in person.

A couple close ups of those cute little swirl squares.

So much more colorful in person!!

And here's a full length picture.  I used a cool shawl pin in this picture -- one that I bought at Strands and Stitches in Laguna over the weekend, by Perl Grey in Nova Scotia.  

And I so love my new model but she hasn't a name yet.  My son, Dana, thinks I need to name her.  This lovely pattern is available in Lynne Vogel's Etsy shop:  www.LynneVogel.Etsy.com

3 comments:

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy said...

that is so gorgeous, Lori! and your colors just sing..
wow!

india flint said...

that scarf is delicious....and YES all models need a name...in my workroom i have Coco, Gabrielle, Benedikte and one-as-yet-unnamed [yet i've had her since 06!]